Become a Residential Member
Our lives are complicated enough. Trying to figure out how the Wisconsin Public Service Commission (PSC) sets your electric rates is even more complicated. That’s where the Citizens Utility Board of Wisconsin comes in. We advocate for all residential customers for fair, safe and reliable utility service. We monitor the changing energy world and put you first.
CUB residential members benefit from our team of legislative, utility and communications experts who advocate tirelessly for you at the Public Service Commission, the state Capitol, in the courts, and at regulatory agencies.
Residential Membership Benefits:
Advocacy: CUB residential membership keeps you up to date on issues that matter to you.
- Monthly electronic newsletters highlighting key cases before the PSC, issues before the Legislature, and information to help you control energy costs.
- Action Alerts to inform and enable you to participate when important decisions are up for hearing/vote.
- Your voice at the table for customer rights when the PSC sets rates and energy policy.
Empowerment: CUB will help you take action and share your thoughts with Wisconsin government officials.
- Confused by your bill? We can explain it.
- Problem with your utility service and pricing? We will answer questions and help you work with your utility.
- Who makes these decisions anyway? We will show you how to get involved and speak out on utility proposals before the PSC. We can show you rate options and other ways to cut dollars on your utility bill.
Outreach: CUB will help your voice be heard along with thousands of other Wisconsin utility customers to bring these issues to the public. CUB staff can answer questions about energy related matters as well as provide utility bill consultations.